Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Rdiff-Backup always fails

From: Keith Edmunds
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Rdiff-Backup always fails
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:15:48 +0000

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:25:19 +0100
Robert Tafner <address@hidden> wrote:

> Well, I have already seen this Exception. But if I reboot the
> machine, the system partition has got 8% allocation as before the
> backup. If the backup is really made to my system partition it
> should be filled with 100% after a reboot, shouldn't it?

Some distributions clear out some directories (eg /tmp) when booting, so
not necessarily. Can you establish where the data is when the root
partition becomes full? (Just in case you need a hand with that, "du -sh *"
in the root directory will point you in the right direction).

Keith

  Small business computer support: http://www.tiger-computing.co.uk
       Linux consultancy: http://www.TheLinuxConsultancy.co.uk