Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Rdiff-Backup always fails

From: Robert Tafner
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Rdiff-Backup always fails
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:17:44 +0100

Robert Tafner <address@hidden> wrote:

> > So if you manually copy a file to /mnt/backup/home, does it
> > appear on the remote system as you expect? Does anything
> > appear in /tmp? What is the output of "file /tmp/@621.0"?
>
> I copied a textfile to /mnt/backup/home and it is there. I
> don't know what you exactly mean with 'does it apptear on the
> remote system'. /mnt/backup/home is local partition and it
> isn't exported anywhere to. There's nothing in /tmp. I removed
> the address@hidden because otherwise I couldn't run any command (no
> space left). Should I start the backup by hand one more time to
> get the output of 'file /tmp/@621.0'?

Ok. Started it again and after some minutes same output.
"NoSpaceLeftOnDevice' Exception.

Here's the output of 'file' command:

:/tmp# file address@hidden
@1325.0: data

:/tmp# file address@hidden
@1325.1: data

:/tmp# ls -la
total 965392
drwxrwxrwt    2 root     root         4096 Dec  8 13:37 .
drwxr-xr-x   22 root     root         4096 Dec  3 09:27 ..
-rw-------    1 root     root     12582864 Dec  8 13:37 @1325.0
-rw-------    1 root     root     963325952 Dec  8 14:13 @1325.1

Any suggestions?

thanks Robert