Re: [rdiff-backup-users] logarithmic scheduling

From: Rainer Zocholl
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] logarithmic scheduling
Date: 14 Dec 2004 11:02:00 +0100

address@hidden(Alec Berryman)  13.12.04 21:35

Once upon a time "Alec Berryman " shaped the electrons to say...

>begin  quotation of Rainer Zocholl on 2004-12-14 01:01:00 +0100:

>> dirvish has the charming feature that's pure perl and seems
>> to be more effecient over network as it uses rsync, with
>> allows to be used for non-unix clients too.

>You're ill-informed.

>Python is no less portable than Perl.

Yes, but not so widely already installed on the systems
i am think of.

>rdiff-backup can run on Windows
>(+cygwin), as it says on the front page.

cygwin is not native windows ;-)

>I'd guess that it runs without cygwin as long as SFU

Ah. interessting. What's SFU?

>is installed, but I've never tested that.

>rdiff-backup uses rdiff from the librsync project
>- I doubt there's a discernible difference in efficiency.

Yepp. i wanted to compare it with "faubackup" not rdiff. It
does not use rsync, at least if i read it's "todo" list right.

Thanks for clarifying this.

Rainer