Re: [rdiff-backup-users] SECURITY: Not all file ops accessed via vetted

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] SECURITY: Not all file ops accessed via vetted RPath objects? Also a path prefixing patch
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 01:34:02 -0500

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 23:30 -0700, dean gaudet wrote:
> that's my bad really -- you actually only need a single special backup
> key... and you can clone the /root/.ssh/authorized_keys2 file everywhere
> with that one key.

Yes, and I realize that -- but it doesn't address the [important] "hosts
shouldn't be able to pull each others' backups" issue, or the [less
important] "SSH is redundant w/ the VPN" issue.

I'm not saying that your solution isn't appropriate for many or most
environments -- but it doesn't seem a good fit for mine.