replacementforms-discuss

Re: [Oracle Forms replacement] Is this project dead?

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [Oracle Forms replacement] Is this project dead?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:18:50 +0200

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 29.04.2010, 10:00 +0100 schrieb Colin Parr:
> I'm assuming this project is dead as haven't seen any activity and the
> archives 404.
>
> Is this correct?

AFAICT, I'd rather say the project is not yet born ;-)

> Does anyone have the project charter/objectives or similar?  Have
> there been any design decisions or approach documented?

GNU Enterprise (http://www.gnuenterprise.org/) is a set of tools which
originally was written by some people who wanted to replace existing
Oracle Forms applications with it. I have never used Oracle Forms
myself, but I guess that GNUe Forms should be pretty near to it.

Although work on explicit compatibility or conversion tools has not yet
started in any way, it would IMHO make a lot of sense to base further
work on GNU Enterprise.

Thanks,
--
Reinhard Mueller