replacementforms-discuss

Re: 02 - Re: [Oracle Forms replacement] Is this project dead?

From: Julian Brelsford
Subject: Re: 02 - Re: [Oracle Forms replacement] Is this project dead?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:31:29 -0400

Hi folks,

Wanted to offer some code that I have created (for mysql / php) that is intended to provide a way to create custom data entry forms. Please feel free to build on my work. GNU AGPL applies

If you write new code to improve on this project, let me know!

2010/4/29 Reinhard Mueller <address@hidden>
Waitlist reason: Reinhard Mueller (address@hidden) is not on your Guest List | Approve sender | Approve domain | Boxbe

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 29.04.2010, 10:00 +0100 schrieb Colin Parr:
> I'm assuming this project is dead as haven't seen any activity and the
> archives 404.
>
> Is this correct?

AFAICT, I'd rather say the project is not yet born ;-)

> Does anyone have the project charter/objectives or similar?  Have
> there been any design decisions or approach documented?

GNU Enterprise (http://www.gnuenterprise.org/) is a set of tools which
originally was written by some people who wanted to replace existing
Oracle Forms applications with it. I have never used Oracle Forms
myself, but I guess that GNUe Forms should be pretty near to it.

Although work on explicit compatibility or conversion tools has not yet
started in any way, it would IMHO make a lot of sense to base further
work on GNU Enterprise.

Thanks,
--
Reinhard Mueller