rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] Joining group

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] Joining group
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 00:56:50 -0600

At 3/18/2002 11:48 PM -0500, you wrote:
Also, if you are still interested in helping out with documentation,
slinky could use a proper step by step guide.

I'm good at writing, I'll get into this if you need help on it.

> I think network install is available with the latest version of both
> installers. There was an in-depth testing/discussion just hours ago,
> see the archives.

Slinky can't do a network install currently. At least not in any way that
would be deemed user friendly. You do have ifconfig, rpm and wget
available, so it may be possible if you modify the install script, and
can get the network up.
Patches to the slinky scripts gratefully accepted. :)

I'm also quite comfy with *using* ifconfig, rpm, and wget even if I can't program my way out of a paper bag any more. You want me to try this in its currently user-hostile form? Give me some basic instructions and I'll give it a shot... I'll have to look up the instructions for a net boot (forgot them) but I can do it quite easily.

That way I can perhaps give you good enough input to be able to fix some of the missing pieces and get net boot running for slinky.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
address@hidden