rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] Joining group

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] Joining group
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 00:43:36 -0600

At 3/18/2002 08:47 PM -0500, you wrote:
Hi Rodolfo, welcome abord!
I was beginning to wonder what became of you. ;)

Thanks. Working *hard* to pay debts, trying to do some webhosting on the side, got wife pregnant (yay!), overall been busier 'n sin. Finally got here, though.

If this machine has a cdrom, I'd be interested in hearing the results of
a 'slinky' install.
http://freesoftware.fsf.org/download/rule/slinky/

No CD-ROM; it's an old PS/2 which was intended to be as small as possible (slightly over 1 sq.ft. and about 3" high). Floppy, one ISA slot with the Ethernet card, and a notebook hard drive stuffed in. Space for more RAM but haven't found a damn SIMM to work.

The 'slinky' installer requires local media at present.

Shucks. :)

The 'miniconda' installer allows network installs, but at 8MB of ram, it
probably won't work just yet.

OK. What do you want me to help with? I'll just start reading emails for the moment...

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
address@hidden