rule-list

[Rule-list] *Some* good news: can ping IP addresses on LAN

From: Eugene Wong
Subject: [Rule-list] *Some* good news: can ping IP addresses on LAN
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 02:34:26 -0700

Hi Michael, and all.

I just checked the hubs and it turns out that I wasn't even physically connected! *Sigh* Sorry for the waste of time. Forgive me?

After connecting, I found that the cables weren't crossed where they should be. So we have one full hub acting as a crossover cable, so it would seem. I'll take care of that later. At least I can ping the local addresses.

What confuses me still is that when I switched the cables, so that this was disconnected from the LAN & Internet, and the Rule computer was connected to both, it still couldn't reach the Internet, but could reach the LAN. I must be tired.

Thanks for your help, Michael. Maybe I'll try to get a private ftp server up and running to test the installation script, some day. Oh, well.

Sincerely, and with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong