rule-www

Re: [Rule-www] Navigating the web site

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: Re: [Rule-www] Navigating the web site
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 00:05:13 +0200

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 01:27:35 at 01:27:35AM +0200, Martin Stricker wrote:

> No frames, please. Even though lynx has a somewhat rudimentary support
> As long as there is not much navigation I prefer top/bottom navigation
> since it saves screen width for the really important information.

Agreed (see also my reply to Michael's message)

> Automatic queries to other servers needs the permission to open network
> connections, which is often forbidden on hosted webspace, so some
> mirrors might not be able to do this. Also, different website mirrors
> might want to point to different download mirrors...

Correct

> Of course we should first agree on a standardized downloads directory.
> My poposal:
> /downloads/installer/miniconda/$VERSION/
>                      slinky/$VERSION/
>            apps/$APP_NAME/ (not sure about app_version or rhl_version)
> I'm not sure if the apps directories need subdirectories.

Sounds good to me. However, you refer only to binaries, right? Those
could remain on savannah (and its future mirrors), and be just linked
from the PHP/html code

        Ciao,
                Marco

--
Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
you do it. -- Gandhi