Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah mailing lists moderation

From: Sylvain Beucler
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 19:22:24 +0100

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 04:42:25PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
>     > > Just to know - who (besides me) is approving / moderation the Savannah
>     > > mailing lists?
>
> Me, Bob Proulx <address@hidden> and Oleg Katsitadze
> <address@hidden>.  Collectively known as address@hidden
>
>     No I meant there's no way to tell who approved the last batch of
>     pending mails.
>
> It is too bad.  Was there a problem?

No, the only problem is that we don't know who does the job, which
means we don't know who to thank, and who to replace should that
person stop the job.

In particular, I don't remember asking for moderation or being told
about it, so I wasn't sure whether it was a semi-active Savannah
admin's doing, or the GNU moderation "crew".

I don't see 'address@hidden' listed as moderator, so this
is puzzling.

You also mentioned it was tedious to manually moderate the
savannah-*-private lists - which do not use listhelper or
listhelper-moderate.

That's why I'm asking for clarification.

So essentially: since when is it the case, and on what basis was it
started? :)

--
Sylvain