[Savannah-hackers] Re: ssh devel access problems to sorcerer Savannah pr

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: ssh devel access problems to sorcerer Savannah project...
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 18:26:59 +0100

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 05:35:38PM +0200, Eric Schabell wrote:
> Ok, the commandline and reaction:
>
>  17:31:15 @ CP235706-A > cvs -t -z3
> address@hidden:/cvsroot/sorcerer/ co sorcerer
>  -> main loop with
> address@hidden:/cvsroot/sorcerer/
>  -> Starting server: ssh subversions.gnu.org -l ericschabell cvs server
> address@hidden's password:
> Permission denied, please try again.
> address@hidden's password:
> Permission denied, please try again.
> address@hidden's password:
> Permission denied.
> cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
> if any)
>  -> Lock_Cleanup()

It looks as if you had not defined CVS_RSH appropriately. Make sure to use
  export CVS_RSH=ssh
before the cvs command (if you're not using Bash, the export command might
be different).
It that doesn't work either, try:
  ssh -v address@hidden
that should allow you to enter in subversions and then exit with an error
message from cvssh.

> PS. You mentioned the id_rsa should be in authorized keys in savannah? I
> have my public key (id_rsa.pub) in savanah...

No. Your secret key id_rsa should be kept secret in you machine. What I said
was that ssh will compare id_rsa (in your machine) with authorized_keys in
Savannah (which should have a copy of the public part of your key: id_rsa.pub)
and if they match, it will let you in.

We should be getting closer to finding out where the problem is :-)

Jaime