[Savannah-hackers] CVS and multilicensing for metaprojects on Savannah?

From: Joshua Judson Rosen
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] CVS and multilicensing for metaprojects on Savannah?
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 22:27:39 -0500

Hi--

I have a project that's currently on SourceForge and that I'd like to
move to Savannah--the project-page on SourceForge is
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/dp2, and the home-site is
http://www.dp2.org; I have some questions about the potential
migration:

The project is really more of a metaproject--there are several
libraries and several applications, though they're all closely
related; it's anticipated that code will move around between some of the
applications and libraries as we get an overall correct structure
worked out, so we currently have everything in the same CVS-repository
with the various subprojects divided with subdirectories, so the first
question is whether this is acceptable on Savannah.

The second question is about multiply licensing the metaproject
(provided that the answer to the first question is `yes'): the license
listed on SourceForge is just `OSI Compliant'; I've set on the LGPL
for most of the current code (a few bits still don't have a license
specified--this will obviously be remedied before the move to
Savannah); there is, however, the possibility that we will decide
that, for whatever reason, some of the libraries and/or programs
should be distributed under a different license (say, the new BSD
license to greater promote public uptake, or the GPL to keep the
technology to the free-software community). I haven't been able to
find any details about licensing-choices on the Savannah web-site, so
I need to ask: would it be possible to specify a multitude of licenses
for different subprojects in the same Savannah-project?

--
"I noted that nature did not require hydrogen
 to `earn a living' before allowing it to behave