[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of AccWhizz - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of AccWhizz - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 16 Nov 2002 13:02:10 +0100

address@hidden said:

> J.R.T. Wolski <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: AccWhizz
> System name: accwhizz
> Type: non-GNU

> This is an accounting system, which supports national languages (NLS) and
> multiple ledgers; multiple accounting schemes (ASAL) and database support
> (DAL) are under development. Target end users are small and medium
> enterprises (SME) and accounting offices.
>
>     * Development Status: 2 - Pre-Alpha
>     * Environment: Web Environment
>     * Intended Audience: Developers, End Users/Desktop, System Administrators
>     * License: GNU General Public License (GPL)
>     * Natural Language: English
>     * Operating System: Windows 95/98/2000, OS Independent, Linux
>     * Programming Language: PHP
> * Topic: Accounting
>
> Download:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=60091&release_id=116254

Could remove gif images files from your project?

Because of the patents (Unisys and IBM) covering the LZW
compression algorithm which is used in making GIF files,
it's impossible to have free software to generate proper
 GIFs. They also apply to the compress program

For more informations, read
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html

Also, note that "Linux" is just a kernel of a more complex system
that we like to refer to as GNU/Linux, to emphasize
the ideals of the Free Software movement.

Would you mind changing occurences of Linux as OS
to GNU/Linux?

You can get more information at
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html

Could you resubmit your project once it's done?
You can resubmit your project with ease by copying
the big re-registration URL provided in the mail
you received  at submission