[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of AccWhizz - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of AccWhizz - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 16 Nov 2002 18:36:17 +0100

Jacek Wolski <address@hidden> said:

> 1.  (*) text/plain          ( ) text/html
>
> Hi Mathieu,
> Good news - I have changed Linux to GNU/Linux and resubmitted the project.
> Bad news - I could remove gifs from AccWhizz program, but there are
> gifs in phpGroupWare program as well (on which AccWhizz runs).
> It seems that the project will be a non-GNU one, until the end of 2003
> or phpGroupWare will be available without gifs.
>  From my point of view it is not a big problem - AccWhizz is in
> pre-alpha stage, and it will take some time for it to mature for
> production (commercial) use.
>
> Jacek
>
> P.S.
> By the way - phpGW is a GNU project - do they intend to remove gifs in
> the near future?

Normally they must. I recently heard they made so. But I cannot be
more precise.
Normally, if we had always followed the Savannah rules, their project
account wouldnt be there for this reason. But this kind of problem
just confirm that we cannot ask people to do something after the
account creation (or completely block the account, that does not
really help). The only solution is to discard project registration
until they agree and follow our policy effectively.

So please remove the gifs from AccWhizz whatever the phpgw situation.

Thanks,