[Savannah-hackers] Re: assigning bugs to someone without giving him cvs

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: assigning bugs to someone without giving him cvs commit rights
Date: 04 Mar 2003 17:19:57 +0100

Norbert Bollow <address@hidden> said:

> Dear Savannah-Hackers,
>   we need to be able to assign bugs to someone (in the
> bug-tracker) without giving him cvs commit rights.  How can
> we do this?

Currently it's not possible.

We discussed this issue some time ago. It's not on the top-priority
list, as we (I, in fact) technically consider this issue as harmless.

Harmless because:
        - you can track easily commits being done (ChangeLog, mail on
commit...)
        - you can easily check what have been done
        - you can easily undo what someone would have done.

Normally, if you trust someone to be capable to admin the bug
tracker, you should trust him about the CVS - I never heard about
someone who commited on a CVS without talking with projects members
befores when he was added to project to handle a specific task
unrelated to the CVS.

So... sorry,