[Savannah-hackers] Re: assigning bugs to someone without giving him cvs

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: assigning bugs to someone without giving him cvs commit rights
Date: 05 Mar 2003 13:01:39 +0100

Norbert Bollow <address@hidden> said:

> I had written:
>
> > > But (in order to avoid people getting uphappy with how Rhys runs the
> > > project) we need to be able to let him use the bug tracker just like
> > > other dotgnu-pnet developers.
> > >
> > > I still think that adding a per-project-member "has cvs commit
> > > rights" flag (with a default of "yes") will probably the easiest
> > > solution.
>
> Mathieu Roy <address@hidden> replied:
>
> > Ok. I understand your concerns.
> >
> >  As I plan to rework a lot in this part in the next week (already
> > begun, but I've lot of work at University currently), I'll add this at
> > the same moment.
> >
> > Can you wait?
>
> If you can get this done before the end of next week, that'll be early
> enough for the needs of the DotGNU project (and Rhys and I will be
> forever grateful for your help :-) ... I wouldn't want to wait much
> longer than that though if at all possible.

I do not expect to do so before the end of the week. I'm sorry but I
cannot work on this today, tomorrow I'll be at University, wednesday
I'll be at the library and at the University and the weekend I'll have
to work on a speech I have to make in two weeks.

I'm very sorry. Maybe I could do a hirty hack for your very special
case. But I wonder if it's acceptable. Is this user member of any
other project? I can set his login to /bin/false and so he will be
unable to do use ssh (scp, rsync, cvs) at all with his account.

If he is member of others project where he got right to write, can you
ask him to create another one account dedicated to dotgnu bug
tracking?