Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah Projects Approval

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah Projects Approval
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:01:37 +0200

Hi,

Note that we do not accept GNU projects directly. First, they are non-GNU (if they comply with Savannah's policies), then we tell the GNU evaluation team about it by using the link in group management (we have to schedule a test of that feature), and we will change the project type once the GNU evaluation team has accepted the project as GNU.

Also, we have a FAQ for "what is the advantage to me of making my software GNU software?":
http://savannah.gnu.org/faq/?question=What_does_it_mean_to_become_a_GNU_package.txt

The link you provided, iirc, does not provide such information.

--
Sylvain

Elfyn McBratney wrote:
Hello George,

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 11:00:52PM -0400, George Gesslein II wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> The project Mathomatic I submitted long ago is still a go.
> I am wondering, though, what is the advantage to me of making
> my software GNU software?  Maybe I should have gone with
> non-GNU at Savannah.

Please see <http://www.gnu.org/gnu/thegnuproject.html> for information
about the GNU project, and what it means to be a GNU package.

If you would like your project type to be changed to non-GNU, let us
know.