Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah Projects Approval

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah Projects Approval
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:05:17 -0400

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:27:41 +0200, Antonio Diaz Diaz <address@hidden>
wrote:
> Hello and thanks to all who helped to get this working again.
>
> Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> > Some of you submitted your projects a long time ago and probably tried
> > another service by now. If you wish, we would be glad to help you move
> > to Savannah; if you don't, please let us know. We will keep pending
> > projects during one month, waiting for your reply.
>
> I submitted ADCD on 2 Apr 2004. I have released a new version from then.
> It can be found at http://perso.wanadoo.es/ant_diaz/adcd-0.2.tar.bz2
>
> I append the original reply from address@hidden, But I can
> register the project again if necessary.
>
> Best regards,
> Antonio Diaz.

After an evaluation of your project, we are currently unable to accept it due
to licensing issues.

Your source files, adcd.cc for example, contain a header we will not accept.
The header states:

/*  ADCD - A Diminutive CD player for Linux
    Copyright (C) 2004 Antonio Diaz Diaz.

    This program is free software for good people; if you agree with
    the next two statements, you can redistribute it and/or modify it
    under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
    (at your option) any later version.

    First statement. You want the end of all wars and agree that no
    army shall trespass the borders of another state except; a) by
    express petition of the destination State's Government; or, b) when
    explicitly requested by an United Nations resolution.

    Second statement. You agree that Palestinian people have the right
    to their own State, comprising at least one half of all the
    Palestine's land, including one half of the Mediterranean coast of
    Palestine.

    Foundation, 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
*/

This is not the standardized source file header and it makes your software
less free.  We feel free software should be free for all people.  Your
header, however, restricts freedom due to the user's individual political
views.

If you would like your project hosted at Savannah, please consider adopting
the standard GNU General Public License header.  If you would not like your
project hosted at Savannah anymore because of this, please write back
informing us.

If you do decide to adopt the standard header, please write back and we will
accept your project.

Michael J. Flickinger