Re: [Savannah-help-public] Access to Savannah thru http?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Access to Savannah thru http?
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 07:38:58 -0500

    I am not very familiar with the problem. I think we need to have
    listening daemon listening on port 80 at Savannah, that would redirect
    the traffic to the appropriate port, with or without encapsulation in
    HTTP from the client.

Would it be possible to have a page that accepts input from a
logged-in user and carries out a CVS command?  We would need a
suitable CVS communication agent that dresses up a command in this
format so that it can be sent to Apache.

Another way to think of this is as a CGI front-end for CVS.

    You could make it a virtual interface.  That's extremely simple to do; I
    do it all the time to allow different HTTPS addresses with different
    SSL certificates to be hosted by the same Apache server.

If that method works and is convenient, I have nothing against it.