Re: [savannah-help-public] Slowness of Savannah in the morning

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Slowness of Savannah in the morning
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 22:53:14 GMT

    But it doesn't seem to be working without a tty

I thought that might be a problem.  Thanks for fixing it up.

      iotop -b -o -n 5

Thanks.  I think -n 1 is better; -n 5 is too much information.

    But the 7 cpus look mostly idle.

I think it is almost certain that the underlying problem is disk I/O.
That's been clear to me for quite a while, since the top processes are
almost always in disk wait, as I said.  What's not clear is how to
resolve it, given that updating hardware is a massive, expensive, and
unlikely-to-happen project.