Re: [savannah-help-public] SSH Setup Not Working

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] SSH Setup Not Working
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 01:57:04 -0700

Hello Fred,

Fred Wright wrote:
> I've been using anonymous git access for quite some time, but since I'm
> about to get commit access on a project, I'm attempting to get SSH access
> working.  I've uploaded my RSA public key, and it looks correct in the web
> interface.  But the ssh -v output indicates that it's not being
> recognized.  It's been a few hours since I uploaded the key, and my
> impression is that the cron job to update the keys runs hourly.  Is it
> possible that the cron job is not running?

The problem is that you are not yet a member of any project.  It does
seem a little odd on the outside of things but the way Savannah's SQL
query of the database works also requires an active membership in a
group.  Since you are not a project member yet that is why ssh isn't
working.  Because the SQL query doesn't return your record.

This has come up a few times already.  I am not sure what the
reasoning is behind this logic.  I don't want to change it without
discussion among the group.  I think it would make sense to allow it
even for members who are not a member of any group.

Also, as long as I am here, please do upload a GPG key as well so that
in the future it can be used as an identity verifier.

Bob

The current SQL query is:

  SELECT user_name, 'x', uidNumber, \
              (SELECT gidNumber FROM groups \
                WHERE unix_group_name='svusers'), \
              realname, \
              '/srv', \
              '/usr/local/bin/sv_membersh' \
            FROM user \
              JOIN user_group ON user.user_id = user_group.user_id \
              JOIN groups ON user_group.group_id = groups.group_id \
            WHERE uidNumber >= 1000 \
              AND user.status = 'A' \
              AND user_group.admin_flags <> 'P' \
              AND groups.status = 'A' \
              AND user_name = BINARY '%1$s' \
            GROUP BY user_group.user_id \
              HAVING count(user_group.group_id) > 0 \
            LIMIT 1

I don't see anything wrong with using this to allow any active user
access.

  SELECT user_name, 'x', uidNumber, \
              '1003', \
              realname, \