Re: [savannah-help-public] SSH Setup Not Working

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] SSH Setup Not Working
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 12:02:45 -0700

Fred Wright wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Also, as long as I am here, please do upload a GPG key as well so that
> > in the future it can be used as an identity verifier.
>
> OK.  I wasn't aware that that was important.

It is only important for account recovery.  It seems that lately we
have had many people ask for account recovery and they can't use the
regular email verification because they have lost their email account.
Even randomness will cluster and it just seems that there has been a
lot of account recovery lately.  If they had uploaded a gpg key then
it would be trivial to use it for identity verification.  Something in
the keyservers in the web of trust is obviously good too.  But only a
very few have done so.  Therefore I have decided it would be a good
idea to advertise it more so that it would be used more and available
to people in the future if they need it.  I will probably just start
reminding people that the feature is there whenever I am looking at
account data that doesn't have it.

Bob