Re: [Savannah-register-public] guile-cairo documentation license and sav

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: [Savannah-register-public] guile-cairo documentation license and savannah
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 14:51:00 +0200

On Fri 29 Apr 2011 14:28, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

>     It's complicated, because the upstream API documentation is derived from
>     comments in the source code, using the gtk-doc documentation system used
>     by GTK+ and related libraries.
>
> Can you find a list of people who contributed substantially to the
> comments?

Unfortunately I do not have the time for that; there are more than 100
people in their AUTHORS file (attached).  However, I don't think we
would be finished at that point, because in GNOME-related libraries,
gtk-doc is *the* documentation tool.  If we could fix this issue
strategically -- i.e. with license hacking -- documentation for all
libraries in that stack could benefit.  Sure it would take a little
longer, and we don't know if it is possible, but it's definitely
something to consider.

Regards,

Andy
--