[Savannah-register-public] [task #14971] Submission of EmacsConf

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14971] Submission of EmacsConf
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 01:25:42 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves
or discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process,
*approving or discarding the registration must be done using the specific
Group Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=11835> page*,
accessible only to site administrators,
effectively *logged as site administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=11835>

= Registration Details =

* Name: *EmacsConf*
* System Name:  *emacsconf*
* Type: GUG
* License: GNU General Public License v3 or later (The source code of the
current emacsconf.org website is GPLv3+.  It's available at:
http://git.emacsconf.org/emacsconf/emacsconf-site

However, it's worth mentioning that after transitioning to Savannah, we'll
completely revamp the website and make it a wiki using DokuWiki
(https://www.dokuwiki.org) or Oddmuse (https://oddmuse.org), and we do not
plan on running the current Django-based version of the website on GNU infra.
For this reason, I didn't attach a source tarball of the website's source,
though it's accessible from the git repository mentioned above.  For the same
reason, no copyright notices or license headers were added to individual
files, as we're not planning to use this code base when we transition to
Savannah.

The original content on emacsconf.org is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.

The video recordings of EmacsConf 2015 are available under CC BY 3.0.  But for
future years, we plan on dual-licensing them under both CC BY-SA 4.0 and
GFDLv1.3+, as LibrePlanet does.)

----

"EmacsConf is a conference about the joy of Emacs, Emacs Lisp, and memorizing
key sequences."

EmacsConf is a conference centred around GNU/Emacs and its users, where people
talk about anything and everything Emacs and meet and hang out with fellow
Emacs users and developers.

The previous EmacsConf was held in 2015 in San Francisco.  I'm hoping we could
all make it a yearly event.  I'm starting planning for the next one, which I'm
hoping to hold either late-fall 2018 or in summer of 2019, and host it here in
Canada.

I'd love to be able to host various parts of the EmacsConf infra (wiki,
mailing list, git repositories) on Savannah and other GNU infra, both as a way
of showing that EmacsConf values and very much agrees with the philosophy of
the GNU project and FSF, and also to hopefully bring more eyes on Savannah and
free software tools.

==== Other Software Required: ====
Below is a list of the dependencies of the emacsconf.org website, currently a
CMS written on top of Django.  However, as mentioned above, after migrating to
Savannah, we'll transition to using a wiki for the website.

Dependencies file:
http://git.emacsconf.org/emacsconf/emacsconf-site/src/master/requirements.txt