[Savannah-register-public] [task #14971] Submission of EmacsConf

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14971] Submission of EmacsConf
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 13:30:12 -0400 (EDT)

>  Change the group type to "non-GNU software and documentation".

Hmm, two things:

1. Would that mean the mailing list etc would be on the nongnu.org Savannah
instead of gnu.org?  I think that'd be a bit unfortunate, since e.g. our irc
channel is already "official", and ideally we'd be able to have that
throughout.

2. I don't see any options to change the type from my end.  If we were to do
that, it'd likely have to be by a Savannah admin.

>  Realistically, you can use git if you setup a Git-to-CVS gateway (no,
Savannah sysadmins are not likely to help you with that).

Cool, thanks, good to know.

> Then we'll have to wait for at least first drafts of your new version in
order to evaluate it.

Is there much to be evaluated in this case though?  I mean, we won't be using
a CMS anymore, and will be switching to a DokuWiki or Oddmuse, both of which
are free software.  As for the actual content, it likely wouldn't be much
different from what's already up on emacsconf.org, except we'll be adding the
planning notes etc for the next conference as we work them out.

So instead of setting up the new wiki and then migrating it, I thought I'd
wait until we migrate over, then set up the wiki.  But if you say so, I don't
mind doing it beforehand and setting up on our current infra.

On a side note, after posting this submission here last night I also emailed
address@hidden, elaborating a bit on the points that didn't really fit on
the application form.  I wonder if the FSF sysadmins or any of the other staff
would have anything to add or chime in.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14971>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/