[Savannah-users] Removing inactive user accounts

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-users] Removing inactive user accounts
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:24:19 +0000

We're currently working on a new web front-end that will be easier to improve
and maintain.

When working on data migration we saw that more than 1/2 user accounts are
inactive, that is, they registered more than one year ago, they didn't submit
or comment on a tracker or news item, they are not part of any group, not did
they submit a request for contributor.

We're not talking about spammer accounts (who usually at least send spam on
the trackers or news, and got desactivated) - just people who registered, but
only have a basic profile.

We're considering doing some clean-up here and mass-remove these accounts.
What are your thoughts?

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/