Re: [Savannah-users] Removing old user accounts with no past activity

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Removing old user accounts with no past activity
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 12:35:37 -0500

On 7/30/09, Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:

> We're talking about 30-40,000 users, sadly.

Other than keeping accurate statistics, how will it help to remove a
huge portion of the unknown registered users.

If it is a hardware issue, I thought Savannah would be getting an
upgrade sooner or later.

If it is load issue on the database, is there no other way around this?

Are there no other reasons someone would login to Savannah without
keeping a record? How about to find the mailing list address of the
project or to contact the developer privately? Some people may not
prefer the system that savannah uses to track issues, so why force
them out of these avenues. I forget which one, but some projects may
not even use savannah's tracking system. Are they wrong to do this?

--
Nicodemo