Re: [Savannah-users] Removing old user accounts with no past activity

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Removing old user accounts with no past activity
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:05:01 +0200

Donn wrote:
> > We're considering doing some clean-up here and mass-remove these accounts.
> > What are your thoughts?
> I would hate to have my account removed simply because of inactivity. I don't
> get a lot of time to work on my two projects. Part of my thinking in joining
> Savannah was to have a permanent 'home' for the projects (beyond me being
> alive and on the web).
>
> So, yeah - I don't mind a good clean-up - just let us know how we
> can convince you we have worthy accounts; now and into the (not too
> busy) future.

To clarify: if the account is member of a project, it is not a
canditate for deletion. In Donn's case there's no problem.

It's not really about "inactive" account, more like "no past activity"
accounts.

Randy Kramer wrote:
> I'd prefer that my account not be removed.

Randy's case is more problematic: I cannot find any trace of past
activity or membership for his account (maybe I missed something?), so
it's a good candidate for deletion. In that case I would suggest
e.g. submitting or commenting a support request so that the user
account is actually referenced somewhere in the system.

How about it?

--
Sylvain