Re: [Savannah-users] what are the usefulness criteria for submitted code

From: Matthew Carter
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] what are the usefulness criteria for submitted code?
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 01:51:51 -0500

john smith <address@hidden> writes:

> *snip* bunch of text

No offense, but the scripts (I just got done looking through them) leave
tons of loose ends that would more likely hurt rather than help a random
user who ran them.

They make tons of assumptions about directories and binaries existing on
a user's system, without proper safeguards / defensive programming
around the different commands prior to running.

I think if you spent all your time on those emails enhancing the scripts
instead, they probably could have been in a state that was good enough
to be accepted by now.

- my 2c

--
Matthew Carter (address@hidden)