Re: [Savannah-users] what are the usefulness criteria for submitted code

From: André Z. D. A.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] what are the usefulness criteria for submitted code?
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 10:31:53 -0300

Em 03-03-2017 03:51, Matthew Carter escreveu:
john smith <address@hidden> writes:

*snip* bunch of text

No offense, but the scripts (I just got done looking through them) leave
tons of loose ends that would more likely hurt rather than help a random
user who ran them.

They make tons of assumptions about directories and binaries existing on
a user's system, without proper safeguards / defensive programming
around the different commands prior to running.

I think if you spent all your time on those emails enhancing the scripts
instead, they probably could have been in a state that was good enough
to be accepted by now.

I second your words, Mathew. You examined the scripts more than I did, but I can agree with what you said for the few scripts I have read and thought more fully.

I tried to induce these conclusions with the set of questions I have made before.

Unfortunatelly, John's reaction was not good, did not go ini that direction.

John, we have made suggestions of improvements in your scripts that would easily make them closer to something that could be accepted. Note that. And I will not make improvements to your scripts, based on what I have said (and also indirectly with the questions set), because I think these scripts, the way they are now, do not justify making a project from them.

And, I should say it again: I am just another Savannah user that read this mailing list.