Re: screen vertical split speed vs dvtm

From: Chris Jones
Subject: Re: screen vertical split speed vs dvtm
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 10:42:38 -0500

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 04:33:30AM EST, Sadrul Habib Chowdhury wrote:
> * Chris Jones had this to say on [08 Dec 2009, 03:40:31 -0500]:
> > On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 11:08:02PM EST, Sadrul Habib Chowdhury wrote:
> >
> > > I have checked in a fix for this (revision e8d36bf1) [1]. It'd be
> > > great if you test it out and let me know if the performance is good.
> > > Also, testing for possible regression would be great. Let me know if
> > > you (or anyone else, please feel free!) see, or don't see, any
> > > problems with it!

[..]

Hello Sadrul,

I have switched my regular screen environment to the new version and now
that I use it all day, I can't help but notice the constant flickering
when I enter text or scroll the display.

This is even more noticeable when I run vim with a white background,
where I see streaks of black flashing by as I scroll up or down the
display one page at at time.

I don't know if this is particular to my setup or if anyone else sees
this as well.

If not, the problem is that it does not only happen when the screen is
split but also when working on an unsplit screen.

While it may be temporarily acceptable to those users who have a real
need for vertical splits, it may not go down so well with others.

Although I'm not aware of such a problem having occurred in the past,
those users would probably consider the fix to have caused something
similar to 'regression'.

Thanks,

CJ