Re: screen vertical split speed vs dvtm

From: Chris Jones
Subject: Re: screen vertical split speed vs dvtm
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 22:00:26 -0500

On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 12:35:22PM EST, Sadrul Habib Chowdhury wrote:

[..]

> Nah, a 'git pull' from the source tree should be enough.

Never got 'git pull' or 'git-pull' to work, complaining I'm not telling
him which branch I want to merge with, etc.

As an aside, with the proliferation of version control & source
management software, it's becoming difficult to keep up.

I spent over an hour playing with git and not getting anywhere, and less
than ten minutes building & testing the new version.

Maybe it would be worth putting up a few sample git commands for all
occasions on the screen/git savannah web page. Might encourage the
common user to test the development version.

In any case, for the time being I'll stick with what's documented - i.e.
'rm -rf ~/git/screen' + 'git clone'.

Now as to the fix, it looks superb to me: it's gotten rid of all the
nasty flickering and the scrolling is still lightning fast.

So far, I haven't noticed any signs of regression in other areas.

Thanks,

CJ