Re: [Simulavr-devel] compile problem

From: John Regehr
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] compile problem
Date: Tue Jul 30 12:51:02 2002

> If you are going to extended simulavr, you should probably get the latest
> bintutils, gcc and avr-libc from cvs. The next release of simulavr will
> require those.

I can't tell which version of libc I have -- the output of "avr-nm
libc.a" doesn't seem to contain anything that looks like a version
string.

Is there a definitive avr-gcc site from where I can snag the sources?
A Google search returns a lot of links but not an obvious primary site.

> Where did the above command line come from? The programs in the test_c/
> directory should not be including anything from the simulator source...
> Ahh! ina90.h #includes eeprom.h. Not good since there's an eeprom.h in the
> simulavr src.
>
> Did you use the configure script to set up the build? When compiling
> everything on my system, I get these lines:
>
>   cd ../obj-avr/test_c; make
>   avr-gcc  -I../../test_c -g -Wall -mmcu=at90s8515 -c ../../test_c/demo.c
>   avr-gcc  -g -Wall -mmcu=at90s8515  -o demo  demo.o
>
> You should have to do anything other than a top-level `make` to build all
> everything in the project.

After the CVS checkout all I did was a top-level "./bootstrap ;
./configure ; make".  I have autoconf 2.53, automake 1.6.

Here's what I get leading up to the error:

  Making all in test_c
  gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/regehr/simulavr/test_c'
  source='demo.c' object='demo.o' libtool=no \
  depfile='.deps/demo.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/demo.TPo' \
  depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ../config/depcomp \
  avr-gcc  -I. -I. -I../src -I.     -g -Wall -mmcu=at90s8515 -c `test -f
  demo.c || echo './'`demo.c

Thanks again,

John Regehr