Re: [Simulavr-devel] compile problem

From: Theodore Roth
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] compile problem
Date: Tue Jul 30 16:17:01 2002

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, John Regehr wrote:

:) > That's odd. I haven't had a problem with that.
:)
:) Maybe they just recently bumped the gcc version number to 3.3.

Ok, I just updated my cvs tree and sure enough they did.

  $ cat gcc/version.c
  #include "ansidecl.h"
  #include "version.h"

  const char *const version_string = "3.3 20020730 (experimental)";

Which means they must have cut the branch for 3.2. Interesting.

:) As long as there's a graceful path to getting this stuff working (e.g.
:) programs for mega 103 work as long as they don't rely in unsupported
:) registers) then it sounds fine to add this stuff slowly...

Well, as things stand right now, if you try to access an io register which
isn't supported, simulavr will just return 0 (read, ignore on write) and
issue a warning message. So you're safe for now.

Ted Roth