[Simulavr-devel] Build issues with current CVS

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Build issues with current CVS
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 20:52:36 +0100

After Bill's recently announced CVS commits, I tried refreshing my
FreeBSD build of simulavrxx again.

Still, my old comment applies that the line

aclocal -I m4

in bootstrap should be

aclocal -I m4 $(ACLOCAL_FLAGS)

so the users stand a chance of adding more -I options.

The boostrapping eventually warns about:

+automake19 --add-missing --copy
src/Makefile.am:138: patsubst %.lo,%.o,$(libavrsim_pp_la_OBJECTS: non-POSIX
variable name
src/Makefile.am:138: (probably a GNU make extension)
src/Makefile.am:148: `:='-style assignments are not portable
src/Makefile.am:149: `:='-style assignments are not portable

(I'm using automake 1.9, and autoconf 2.59.)

After configuring, when I call "gmake", I get:

gmake: *** No rule to make target address@hidden@', needed by `Makefile.in'.
Stop.

Hmm.  I can probably get rid of it locally just to continue, but it
seems to me backwards compatibility to not quite recent versions of
the autotools got lost with the latest update.  Neither of these
messages could be observed before.