Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavr error

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavr error
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:57:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Michael N. Moran wrote:

> Klaus Rudolph wrote:
> > Michael N. Moran schrieb:
> >> I understand all sides of the issue ...
> >>
> >> Software developers (especially embedded software
> >> developers) should be comfortable with using make.
> >>
> >> I hate autotools, however, they are ubiquitous in the
> >> free software world, and having yet-another system for
> >> accomplishing the same thing (e.g. CMake) does not
> >> sound like a "good thing."

I don't know enough about CMAke to know
whether it is less tricky than plutonium.

> >> OTOH, the one who volunteers to do the work SHOULD get
> >> the majority vote :-)
> >>

> > Lets finish all the discussions... what is actually
> > required from the "outside world"?
>
> A reliable familiar way to build simulavrxx. :-)
>
> e.g.
> 1) unpack (eg tar xzf)
> 2) configure (./configure)
> 3) make
> 4) make install

My problems seem to derive from step  1.5) run autotools.
IIRC having *the* right version of autotools is essential.
I'm pretty sure I didn't, but don't know what to do about it.
Instead I've been using a stripped down make file.

--
Michael   address@hidden
"Those parts of the system that you can hit with a hammer (not advised)