[Simulavr-devel] avrtest and simulavr vs simulavrxx

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] avrtest and simulavr vs simulavrxx
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:42:15 -0500

Hi,

I would like to make sure simulavrxx has all
the capabilities avrtest and simulavr have.

I am more familiar with avrtest and think
these are the current deficiencies:

+ no maximum run limit
+ no magic "exit" port
+ no magic "abort" port

Are there other issues?  I have almost finished
addressing those.

What is the list of reasons to use simulavr
over simulavrxx?

I don't know how many I will be able to address
given the scope of what I am supposed to be
doing but it would be nice to have a roadmap
that makes simulavrxx the preferred FOSS AVR
simulator.
This roadmap (aka open projects) is also
needed by Google Summer of Code students
when hunting projects.

Thanks.
address@hidden        On-Line Applications Research
  Support Available             (256) 722-9985