Re: test result code was Re: [Simulavr-devel] avrtest and simulavr vs si

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: test result code was Re: [Simulavr-devel] avrtest and simulavr vs simulavrxx
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:45:56 +0100

This is WAY overkill if all you want is the exit status.  This
is why avrtest has magic ports for exit and abort.  You write
the exit code to the exit magic port and poof exit(value) is
called.  This is the way all the simulators in gdb work.

???
gdb can read the memory direct from simulator. So there is no need for an elf file nor an special exit port.
???

Can you explain what is an exit port please. I think I have a complete misunderstanding of this topic.

Thanks!