Re: [Simulavr-devel] anacomp getting reserved access messages

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] anacomp getting reserved access messages
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 06:26:34 -0500

Schwichtenberg, Knut wrote:
Joel,

here you find a usage for "-W 0x20,-". 0x20 in the RAM-Area of the AVR is identicall to 0x00 in the IO-Space which is forbidden by most AVR's. This loop puts normally 10.000 "*" on you terminal. Maybe it's in there to delay or only to confuse the maintainer ;-).
I thought of that but there was no way to turn that on via Tcl
until I did my work.  So I guess this is just a left over hunk of code.

BTW: The comment block at the top of the source is fully nonsense in
conjunction with the source code.

:)
The 0x5e - I'm guessing - might have to do with compiling the source for CPU A
and using it on CPU B, is it?

The reserved message can also come out when the CPU
.cpp file has temporarily marked it as such.

set dev1 [new_AvrDevice_at90s4433]

And this code is in that cpu

       rw[0x5e]= new RWReserved(this);

Is this a known register name?
Knut
This mail is made from 100% recycled electrons.