Re: [Simulavr-devel] Error in startup script: can't find package Itcl

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Error in startup script: can't find package Itcl
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 07:53:03 -0700

On Wed Apr  1  2:04 , "Schwichtenberg, Knut"  sent:

>I think there are two things around:
>Joel is talking about the latest version and Michael talks about checkdebug.tcl
which is NOT part of the latest version (CVS HEAD)!

According to my man cvs, head is the default.
head != HEAD?
How do I get HEAD?

>Second Itcl is needed!
>
>gui.tcl relies on Itcl. If the package manager of fedora is case sensitive try
it with a lower case "i". Gui.tcl needs it definitively. I expect checkdebug
simplfies the handling of the missing package - while gui.tcl needs it
checkdebug
throws the error message before gui.tcl is startet.

>And please do not mix up RPM-package names and TCL package names. They might be
identical but there is no need! So itcl.rpm can of course contain TCL-package
Itcl.

Correct.  Another poster mentioned it earlier.
After being told Itcl wasn't needed, I chose not to get it.
Part of the idea was that having a wrong version would cause some noise.

--
Michael Hennebry
address@hidden