[Simulavr-devel] Net/TxData Magic Pin Thoughts

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Net/TxData Magic Pin Thoughts
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 13:45:56 -0500

Hi,

I needed to bounce what I am thinking off you
guys to see if I understand things and am heading
in the right direction.

+ Is a net just a "wire" in the wire wrap sense?  Or
more of a shared bus? Is there just a single source
and sink?  Can there be multiple sources and sinks?

+ To add a magic Tx Data port, I will need to add
a virtual/debug/probe (name suggestion) pin to hwuart.cpp.
When the last bit or stop bit is transmitted, it writes
the data on tbe "TxByteProbe" pin.

+ The TxByteProbe pin can include info like this is
a Tx byte, a break, etc.  Just have to format an encoded
message to send via SendUiNewState.

I am really having to understand my improvement of the
code but I think I am close to having something work.
I just want to make sure my understanding matches
what the reality is.

Thanks.

address@hidden        On-Line Applications Research
  Support Available             (256) 722-9985