Re: [Simulavr-devel] Error in startup script: can't find package Itcl

From: Knut Schwichtenberg
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Error in startup script: can't find package Itcl
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 22:01:49 +0200

Michael,

address@hidden wrote:
> According to my man cvs, head is the default.
> head != HEAD?
> How do I get HEAD?
If I look with the web interface into the CVS, I see "CVS Tags: HEAD."
Until now I always used

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/simulavr co simulavrxx

and that puts the newest sources on my disk, no matter if the label is spelled
in capital or lower case characters.

>> Second Itcl is needed!
>>
>> gui.tcl relies on Itcl. If the package manager of fedora is case sensitive
>> try
> it with a lower case "i". Gui.tcl needs it definitively. I expect checkdebug
> simplfies the handling of the missing package - while gui.tcl needs it
> checkdebug
> throws the error message before gui.tcl is startet.
>> And please do not mix up RPM-package names and TCL package names. They might
>> be
> identical but there is no need! So itcl.rpm can of course contain TCL-package
> Itcl.
>
> Correct.  Another poster mentioned it earlier.
> After being told Itcl wasn't needed, I chose not to get it.
> Part of the idea was that having a wrong version would cause some noise.
It is true that checkdebug does not need itcl - but checkdebug executes gui.tcl
and that needs itcl. Until now I've not checked the itcl version and it works
with my 3 years old Linux distro and an actual one.

Knut