Re: [Simulavr-devel] Net/TxData Magic Pin Thoughts

From: Knut Schwichtenberg
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Net/TxData Magic Pin Thoughts
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 21:49:33 +0200

Joel,

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> + Is a net just a "wire" in the wire wrap sense?  Or
> more of a shared bus? Is there just a single source
> and sink?  Can there be multiple sources and sinks?
In the past only "wires" in the wire wrap sense are mostly used. In one of the
examples I have one source and multiple sinks and that works. During the
development of the LCD update I had connected a sink with a sink based on a
programming bug and it showed a short! So I expect it works with multiple source
and multiple sinks.

> + To add a magic Tx Data port, I will need to add
> a virtual/debug/probe (name suggestion) pin to hwuart.cpp.
> When the last bit or stop bit is transmitted, it writes
> the data on tbe "TxByteProbe" pin.
What is the benfit? What do you want to achieve with this bit?

> I am really having to understand my improvement of the
> code but I think I am close to having something work.
> I just want to make sure my understanding matches
> what the reality is.
:-)