Re: [Simulavr-devel] Net/TxData Magic Pin Thoughts

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Net/TxData Magic Pin Thoughts
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 15:44:26 -0700

On Wed Apr  1 17:27 , Joel Sherrill  sent:

>address@hidden wrote:

>> If, for example, the UART is set to send 7-bit chunks,
>> but the receiver is expecting 8-bit chunks,
>> the byte-probe simulation might work even
>> if the real thing wouldn't have a chance.
>> IIRC parity and endian mismatches are also possible.
>>

>Using Knut's suggestion, we could extend the
>byte interface to send setup information so this
>was available even in the byte mode. If there were a sanity
>check via a handshake message at the beginning, that
>would be great.  Then the feedback could deal with bytes
>past that.

Perhaps the probe should get a (data, setup) pair.
The setup part would be a pointer to constant and wouldn't change often.
The first part of the receiver's test would
be to see if the pointer had changed.
If unchanged, the byte would be valid.
If changed, *setup would need to be examined.

--
Michael Hennebry
address@hidden