[Simulavr-devel] RFC: a few feature ideas

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] RFC: a few feature ideas
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 16:03:10 -0500

Hi,

As I have been working on getting a feedback
and testing framework built for a real application,
I have come across a few things I think would
be useful.  I would like to bounce them all off
of you.

+ A mechanism to load the contents of the eeprom
to a file and subsequently save it to that file.

+ exit command from feedback/ui. So it can determine
when to terminate a simulation.

+ optional time "pulse" from simulated avr to
feedback/ui so it can stay in time sync with
simulation time.  I was thinking of an optional
object with a configurable time to pulse.

+ possibly having the simulator stop after the
time pulse until the ui/feedback says continue.
This would give the ui/feedback time to update
the "real world" in sync with the simulated avr.
I have done similar things in the past and frame
rates of 100 Hz (stop simulated processor every
10 milliseconds of sim time) for updates of
real world.

Comments appreciated.

address@hidden        On-Line Applications Research
  Support Available             (256) 722-9985