Re: [Simulavr-devel] RFC: a few feature ideas

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] RFC: a few feature ideas
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:28:47 -0700

On Wed Apr 22 17:38 , 'Michael N. Moran' <address@hidden> sent:
>address@hidden wrote:

>>> That sounds useful. I guess there may be cross
>>> platform issues with file I/O, but ... other than
>>> that :)
>>
>> There really shouldn't be.
>> If there were,
>> we wouldn't be able to pass around jpegs, gifs and pdfs.

>> Since the eeprom is normally byte-addressed anyway,
>> there is little temptation to write 32-bit things.
>
>So you suggest a straight binary representation?

I was just pointing out that binary isn't hard.

>ASCII might make the files easier to edit by hand
>if required but, of course, that would "complicate"
>the load/save procedures.

If we just do one, I'd suggest text: bytes separated by white space.
A three character byte or one with a sign would be decimal.
Others would be hexadecimal.
All white space should be equivalent.
The output format might be more specific.

--
Michael Hennebry
address@hidden