Re: [Simulavr-devel] Crash after entering 'target remote localhost:1212'

From: Christian Taedcke
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Crash after entering 'target remote localhost:1212' in avr-gdb
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 21:52:19 +0100

Hello Thomas

Am Mittwoch, den 03.02.2016, 10:27 +0100 schrieb Thomas K:
> One question more: you have implemented mega2560 (and smaller) in
> november and also made some changes an core regression test python
> scripts. This part is basically really old and will make problems, if
> we have to support python3. For me it would be a good solution to
> transform it to standard python unittests. But I haven't in the
> moment no idea to make it without to much effort and - more
> critically - not or not only by hand to prevent additional bugs
> because of this.
>
> Do you have ideas to make it?

I will try to convert the regression tests to python 3. When i have
something, i will commit it to a separate branch.
I am not sure how we should convert the tests to unittests, but I think
it is a good idea to do that. I think it would be good to keep the
structure with a base test class and derived classes for the different
opcodes. But i think that we should drop the "exec" in the opcode tests
and use regular test classes.

Regards,
Christian