sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Displaying user images on index page

From: Olaf Gellert
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Displaying user images on index page
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:38:15 +0100

Yaron M. Minsky wrote:
I actually no longer think this feature is such a great idea.  It was
pointed out to me privately that it could give, erm, unsavory types a
place to store images for public consumption.

Thats a good reason against Photo-IDs (more or less
against Photo-IDs on the keyservers in general).

I suppose it might be safe if SKS put a strict upper limit on the
thumbnail size... so maybe this idea is salvageable.  Any thoughts?
Hmmm... That would mean SKS will not accept photo-id-
packages on keys that are larger than this limit? Or
would that only concern the display of these keys?

Cheers,
Olaf

--
Dipl.Inform. Olaf Gellert                  PRESECURE (R)
Consultant,                              Consulting GmbH