sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] v3 keys w/(v4) subkeys still afflicting SKS

From: Thomas Sjögren
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] v3 keys w/(v4) subkeys still afflicting SKS
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:29:59 +0200

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 12:48:09PM -0400, Yaron Minsky wrote:
> I believe he's referring to "sks cleandb", which really does do
> PGP-specific operations on the database.  For instance, it merges any
> keys that are found with the same leading key packet.

yep, that's what i was thinking about. should have double checked before
sending.

> That said, while it's possible, I have no confidence that cleandb will
> fix this problem.  "sks drop" should do so, however.

then a patch for fixing keys of this sort with  cleandb maybe should be
added to the wishlist or is the "sks drop" procedure recommended?
Since people that is planning to set up an sks maybe downloads a key
dump with the broken keys, running cleandb is a more natural step before
the server is put online than manuallay gathering info about which keys
is broken etc.

/Thomas
--
== address@hidden | address@hidden
== Encrypted e-mails preferred | GPG KeyID: 114AA85C